The standard works are
- The Irish Notary; A Treatise on the Law and Practice of Notaries in Irelandby E. Rory O’Connor (I987)
- The Supplement to O’Connor’s The Irish Notaryby Dr Eamonn G Hall and E Rory O’Connor (2007).
- The World Organisation of Notaries (WON). International Organisation representing and promoting the Notaries of the Common-law-type notarial system – W.O.N.
- The World Organisation of Notaries (WON). is holding its global convention 6th to 8th May 2016 in Vancouver, Canada – Vancouver Conference 2016 Details
- The International Union of Notaries (UINL). International Organisation representing and promoting the Notaries of the Latin-type notarial system – U. I. N. L.
- Other countries in which the Apostille procedure applies may be checked on the the Hague Convention website, where a list of countries adhering to the Apostille system abolishing the need for legalisation, and also those countries not, on the link Hague Convention Countries Adhering , or likely also on the Department of Foreign Affairs webpage.